Beacon CIC works with organisations in the business of improving life chances for vulnerable children, adults, families and communities. We provide affordable, high quality, practical and tailored services to both public sector commissioners and funders, and service providers in the social sector. We are experienced at building partnership working, and because our experience is grounded in both sectors, we are able to support strong relationships across the sectors. We bring an independent perspective and an outcomes focused approach to everything we do.
We support organisations with:
- Strategic development: we have enormous experience at national, regional and local level of developing the strategic direction of organisations. We have supported and developed a wide array of multi-agency strategies, policies, national non-statutory guidance and supporting tools and business plans.
- Practical implementation: we use a wide range of approaches to support real change on the ground, including rapid improvement events, action learning sets, mentoring, stakeholder consultation, facilitation of strategic discussions within and between organisations, project management and Outcomes Based Accountability™
- Impact measurement: we provide support with a range of approaches to demonstrate the impact of services and are developing approaches to payment by results, calculating return on investment and opportunities for social impact bonds.
- Professional coaching: we are fully qualified and accredited to provide executive and leadership coaching, along with team coaching and development.
We work with:
- Commissioners and funders: we offer support to local authorities and partner agencies to develop strong and effective commissioning arrangements and release efficiencies. We also advise policy makers on government funding programmes. Find out more about what we can do for public sector commissioners and funders.
- Social sector providers, including voluntary and community organisations, charities and social enterprises. We offer business support to new organisations and social ventures to become “tender ready” and respond to outcomes based specifications and the new challenges of payment by results. Our expertise in public sector commissioning enables us to support providers to understand commissioning processes and work well with public sector agencies. We work to develop leadership within organisations and support them to act strategically. Find out more about what we can do for social sector organisations.
- Partnerships: helping multi-agency strategic partnerships to work effectively together, develop robust governance arrangements, developing and supporting strategic alliances between social sector provider organisations collaborating for business, facilitating strategic discussions between commissioners and social sector providers. Find out more about how we help partnerships.