Beacon CIC provides advice and practical support for social sector providers, including voluntary and community organisations, charities, social enterprises and local authority led mutuals wanting to make a real difference to the lives of service users. Our services will help develop new markets, win contracts and secure more efficient and effective models of service delivery. Our commissioning expertise enables us to support social sector providers to work well with public sector agencies, and raise awareness on both sides of the commissioning table. We help organisations to create sustainable impact, and communicate that effectively to commissioners.
We provide support to:
- New organisations – including business mentoring and coaching, business planning, identifying sound market positioning and viable opportunities for service development, applying for funding and grants, support to build procurement readiness and satisfy PQQ requirements.
- Develop innovative and sustainable social ventures operating in fields where we have expertise, such as initiatives to secure better life chances for children, young people and families. For example, we can provide support with developing business models, engagement with commissioners and coaching social entrepreneurs.
- Develop strategic direction, including the facilitation of strategic discussions among board members and management, work in an outcomes focused way, develop and communicate clear organisational objectives and improve reporting to focus more on impact.
- Enable full and effective participation with public sector commissioning processes, contribute provider expertise about what works to improve priority outcomes, respond to outcomes based specifications and the new challenges of payment by results – and win tenders!
- Measure impact – through identifying and implementing the best arrangements for your organisation to demonstrate the impact of services, developing and using outcomes frameworks, undertaking SROI analyses, and help to communicate your impact to funders and other stakeholders.
- Build strong and effective local partnerships and consortia of provider organisations to enable joint tendering and well co-ordinated service delivery – we can provide project management of collaborative arrangements, advice on governance arrangements and developing memoranda of understanding and working protocols.
- Get clear on the opportunities offered by social investment, and the potential of Social Impact Bonds.
- Develop approaches to user participation in the design and running of services.
- Prepare for key market changes, such as the new opportunities and challenges afforded by personalised budgets.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss an idea.