Beacon CIC supports public sector commissioners and funders at local and national level who want to make a real difference to life chances for vulnerable people. We provide support to develop strong and effective commissioning arrangements and innovative ways of securing services and supporting arrangements that will be effective in improving the well being of vulnerable children, adults, families and communities. We understand the challenges facing the sector and the need to get the best possible social return on investment whilst balancing the books.
We have longstanding expertise in public sector commissioning and have worked with numerous local authorities and strategic partnerships to strengthen their commissioning arrangements. We can help with releasing efficiencies through better commissioning and smarter approaches to procurement and contracting – targeting resources to where they are needed most and where they will have greatest impact. Some examples of what we offer:
- Providing mentor support or directly undertaking a needs analysis, ensuring the implications for commissioning are clearly identified.
- Ensuring service users participate in commissioning processes and service design.
- Developing outcomes based contracting arrangements.
- Improving arrangements for performance monitoring and measuring impact, including the development of outcomes frameworks and high level strategic frameworks to monitor direction across a local area, advice and mentoring on developing datasets and the intelligent use of data – ensuring performance management is embedded in commissioning processes at every level.
- Developing approaches to return on investment and cost benefit analysis – ensuring you know that what is commissioned works, and at what cost. Read our blog to find out more about giving outcomes a financial and social value.
- Advising public sector commissioners on the opportunities offered by social investment, and the potential of Social Impact Bonds.
- Advising policy makers on government funding programmes, and evaluation of funding programmes both in terms of the method of delivery, and the impact achieved.
Get in touch to discuss how we can help.